Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thankful For Greens and Vegetables

This is a picture of what I was calling the Thanksgiving Pillow.
Over the past few years, at Thanksgiving, we add a new dish into the mix along with the traditional sides  that go along with turkey. This year I made the new dish, which was Curried Greens with Golden Onions and Cashews using the plethora of  greens that I had. It was a good spicy mix sandwiched between the other salty, crunchy, mashed, flavors that come together to make up a plate of Thanksgiving food. I don't know if it will become part of the regular rotation of sides, but I would make it again. The greens would work well with any type of roast meat.
Curried Greens with Golden Onions and Cashews



I also had a small bunch of turnips. With them we made Winter Vegetables With Horseradish Dill Butter. Which is a great dish that pairs well with roasted meat or a Thanksgiving meal. The recipe calls for steaming the vegetables but we always roast them. All in all it was a Thanksgiving filled with wonderful food.

My little turnips, magically turned into this wonderful vegetable dish. It was a Thanksgiving miracle.

No comments: