Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Know Your Greens

The new box, look at the two little avocados. They are from DeBusschere Family Ranch.
A new box has arrived that is Heavy on the greens. Winter is in full swing. Greens are so easy to use because they can be added too so many dishes and  instead of a salad just warm up a plate of your favorite leafy greens.   So here is a little runway vegetable show of  all the different greens
Blue Kale
Arugula

Siberian Kale
Red Mustard Greens
Curly Mustards





 I am always trying to add greens to any kind of recipe, using the Siberian Kale I combined a recipe from  Chez Panisse Cooking and my favorite lemon risotto from Nigella Lawson (this recipe everything is in the metric system). I love risotto, I even love the process of making it. I think that the adding of kale to the risotto didn't accentuate either one, even though it came out delicious.  It is however a good warm meal to split on a brisk November eve.

No comments: