Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Sloppy Joes

We're just in the beginning of summer, and I am trying to find creative ways to use the abundant amount of summer squash, that is in peak season. I found a recipe on Epicurious for Summer Squash Sloppy Joes, http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Summer-Squash-Sloppy-Joes-239165.

 Growing up we were never really ate sloppy joes and it's only within the last couple of years that I've come to appreciate this messy sandwich. These ones are not sweet, have a little bit of a crunch because of the zucchini, and are a fast, easy, summer meal. I used beef but I think these could be made vegetarian pretty easily.
We enjoyed these with a slice of cheese melted on the bun, and some baby roasted potatoes and a side salad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This was delicious. You should make this again and feed me.