Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Dream of Cauliflower


I have had two dreams about cauliflower in the last week. No, I don't find myself dreaming about vegetables often, but I decided to listen to my subconscious and make something with cauliflower.  I found a recipe for Roasted Cauliflower Cakes. This looked easy to make from ingredients that I already had at the house.
Red Romaine
Everything mixed well together and and they formed into little mounds of  cauliflower cakes but when cooking the cakes turned flat like a pancake. Aside from them not being aesticatly appealing, they tasted great, kind of crab cake like, if the crab had been replaced with cauliflower. I could also see modifying these to work with other types of food. I'm thinking Indian. On the side we had a little salad of Romaine with an orange mustard vinaigrette that I made up. For such a light meal it  was filling and satisfying.

No comments: