Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Delicious Cabbage Side


Half of a head of Red Cabbage came in the last box and I've been trying to find something to make with it. My first thought was some sort of slaw, as I am a fan of coleslaw in any flavor or form, but I feel it's not really weather appropriate. I found this recipe on Food52 aptly named Delicious Cabbage. This is a flavorful recipe that includes garlic, onion,  and a little ginger. The recipe calls for letting the cabbage caramelize (did you know that cabbage can caramelize?). And then you add a little heavy cream and it has been proven that heavy cream makes everything better. The recipe calls for green cabbage, but the purple works just as well, it's just not as attractive when browned and covered in cream. We ate the cabbage on the side with pork chops, I was feeling German that night.



Other Posts You Might Like Easy Side  Beet Week

No comments: