Friday, May 13, 2011

Salad Week # 3 - Egg Salad with Kale and Spring Onion

Egg Salad Sandwich
This is just a fast little post to continue with the salad week theme. Perhaps it was all the talk about the royal wedding, but I have been craving egg salad. I find egg salad comforting and it really is easy to make, the most laborious task is hard boiling the eggs. I thought kale would work well replacing the often used celery. I've also been using the spring onions in just about everything I can think of. A spring onion, looks a little bit like a scallion but is sweeter than a regular onion, and are great in just about anything.
I know I have two onions pictured here but I actually just used one
This was a great mix of flavors, it was crunchy, and kind of tasted like spring. I don't know if food can taste like a season but this tasted like spring to me. Mixing six hard boiled eggs, a large handful of destemmed, washed, and thinly chopped Blue Kale, and one spring onion. Then add mayonnaise, salt and pepper at your own discretion. Spread on some wonderful bread and enjoy
The bowl of egg salad mixed.


 Other Post You Might Like
Dandy Mustard Tart With Sprinkling Of Spinach 
Braised Late Lunch

No comments: