Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chocolate Zucchini Multigrain Muffins


What do you make when a bunch of girls are getting together to drink wine, and look at trashy magazines? Something involving chocolate. And what goes great with chocolate? Zucchini. To be more specific Chocolate Zucchini Ten Grain Muffins.These turned out to be a nice little late night snack that were simple and easy to throw together.
I had originally planned to make this recipe for Chocolate and Zucchini Cake, when I discovered I didn't have enough flour. Have you ever gone to make something and found that you are out of a staple item. This is what ended up happening to me and I ended up substituting  a cup of Bob's Red Mill Ten Grain Cereal for a cup of flour. Which is when the cake turned into muffins, which are easier to manage while riffling through a magazine.
When I bake with zucchini I always think I'm going to use a fair amount of it, until it's grated and 2 cups of grated zucchini only uses about 1 and 1/2. It is a little weird to be eating chocolate flavored muffins and find strands of zucchini mixed in, but they give a nice moist flavor.
This photo was taken with my phone. It looks like there are chocolate zucchini muffins invading the kitchen.
The inclusion of the grain cereal added a great texture as well. Who knew chocolate, grains, and zucchini would go so well together.

Other Posts You Might Like 
Zucchini Cake
Home Made Green Pop Tarts

No comments: